Thursday, February 4, 2016

Finding significance in the failure of words


Today’s GLP comic is all me. After I posted Tuesday’s panel, I received encouragement from both GLP historian Michael Veerduer, and Yost’s former assistant, Ha Kim Ngoc, to occasionally publish as myself under the Geranium Lake Properties title. I think it is a perfectly normal thing to get advice from fictional people. As soon as I learned to read, I started absorbing all sorts of life lessons from mythical beings, from Bartholomew Cubbins to Cinderella to Spider-Man to Dear Abby to Jesus. For my understanding of Wm. Yost, I have relied heavily on the novel The Boy in the Yellow Leatherette Portmanteau by Gralie Bohe, a fictional piece of fiction by a fictional author. (The novel is set in the fictional town of Whittlespear Beach, California. California is not fictional, it just seems that way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment